Which Bed Frame Best For You to Buy
- 1 Which Bed Frame Best For You to Buy
- 1.1 Six of our favourite types of bed frames
- 1.2 Types of materials
The best bed frame is the Tiffany Milano due to its stylish look and many options, to read our full review click here. Which beds are best for your home? This is a question I hear a lot and I’ve had to answer them a few times as well. From experience, choosing the right bed frames also contributes to your safety and quality sleep. However, there are so many beds in John Lewis competing for our attention. From a storage bed and double bed to sleigh beds and wooden bed frames, the important thing is to pick the one that fits your mattress perfectly. So, our product reviews will serve as a buying guide on which bed frames you should pick for your room.
Six of our favourite types of bed frames
Tiffany Milano divan bed
The Tiffany Milano Divan bed comes with six fabric choices and seven storage options.
With a headboard height of 124cm and a luxury divan base, this bed frame has a suitable appearance for a variety of beds. I remember coming across a Tiffany Divan bed once, and it looked like it could fit with any bedroom and style.
It also has a Milano headboard that further lends an elegant feel to the finish. For the fabric colour choices, you can pick between Velvet Blush, Velvet Steel, Velvet Teal, Midnight Black, and Silver Mist.
- The divan bases have an excellent finish with chrome-coloured glides
- You can benefit a lot from the extra storage space with lots of practical drawers
- Has an ideal design that maximises bedroom spaces
- Can be more expensive.
- The look may not suit all tastes
Ockham Upholstered Headboard & Divan Bases
Headboards may be the final enhancement that your bed needs. With them, you can get more comfort out of your bed, even using them to work, read, or enjoy a cuppa.
The Ockham Upholstered Headboard and Divan Bases take your comfort up a notch with their deep padding upholstery.
They look just as comfortable as they feel.
- It is effortless to assemble with the headboards being as uncomplicated as possible
- Highly durable as they are made with FSC approved timber
- It’s big enough to make an impact in your bedroom without occupying so much space
- Can be more expensive.
- The look may not suit all tastes.
Isabella ottoman wooden bed frame
The Isabella Ottoman Wooden bed frame is another bedroom furniture that blends well with tons of home decor.
With this bed frame, you can store away shoes, extra bedding, and clothing items in the front opening Ottoman.
Here is a lower bed frame that doubles as a storage space for a few essentials.
With an ottoman and its sprung slats, sleepers can look forward to a comfortable night’s sleep.
- Comes with ottoman storage that could take up a lot of extra items
- Has an elegant wooden walnut finish
- The high indented headboard fits well in a bedroom
- Dust could get through the slats
- The ottoman mechanism sometimes sticks, making it difficult to pull out.
Hugo Nickle metal bed frame
Make a statement in your master bedroom with the Hugo Nickle metal bed frame.
It has a black nickel metal finish that looks quite bold within any home decor.
If you’re going for a classy bedroom style, then I’ve heard that this could bring out that look.
The railed frames add the expected modern style, with the chunky metals being designed more for stability and functionality.
- It is a bold bed frame that catches attention easily
- It has spring slats that hold it in place
- It is sturdy and well-built
- None really as the weld joints are very good, but if you do buy another metal frame bed always be sure to check out the weld joints.
Happy Beds Domino Kids Bunk Bed
Here is something for the kids. This modest Happy Beds Domino bed frame is a combination of functionality and elegance.
It is a bunk bed that provides subtle shelving areas as a go-to storage option and a glow-in-the-dark ladder.
It offers contemporary aesthetics in minimalistic designs. Although, it does have features that appeal to kids, including the multiple color combinations available.
The focus has always been safety and we can give them a pass mark on this.
The bottom bunk is lower to the ground while the top bunk is surrounded by rails.
- Multiple designs available
- Sturdy construction
- Multiple storage options
- It has a moderate height for kids to get in and out easily
- Tricky to put together
Otty bed frame
Crafted from environmentally-friendly rubberwood, the Otty bed frame has wooden slats and an enhanced metal core that provides better comfort levels.
With the dark grey polyester headboard, it gives off that look of a bed frame that is built to withstand the test of time.
However, since I’ve seen bed frames that do look sturdy but later disappointed by being the exact opposite, you can prove their capabilities by testing them.
It works with single, double, and pocket springs.
- Bow sprung slats provide extra comfort
- It is sturdy as the Otty bed frame has a metal core for structural support
- Made from quality plywood
- Some might need more support depending on the mattress.
Types of frames
• Bunk Beds These types of bed frames are design to save space. With this, you’re able to get two beds, which will occupy the floor space of just one. It’s also great to have in the rooms of children as they love something adventurous and fun. Bunk beds have the perfect design that caters to this and helps you when you’re short on space in your sleeping area.
These can also serve as excellent extra sleeping options for guests during a sleepover. If you love versatility, then bunk beds are for you. On the flip side, climbing bunk beds could be incredibly discouraging for children under the age of six. Just as tricky as it could be to haul yourself up on a bunk bed every night, it could also pose some issues when getting out as well. I remember a neighbour who didn’t check out for the ceiling height before ordering her bunk bed. This is important, and she had to replace them.
• Storage beds When you need a multipurpose bed frame that doesn’t just serve as a convenient space for a bed but also maximizes storage, then storage beds are the way to go. This is its ultimate pro as it is designed with storage capabilities fitted into the bed frame. So, this bed frame can take in everything you need. They are also made with proper woods that give them sturdy construction. However, this could be quite difficult to move around.
So, if you’re sure that you won’t have to change its location too often, then you can overlook this. Another factor to look out for is the hefty price tag, which is higher compared to other bed frames. You can get a platform bed in-built with storage at the bed base. This will give you firm mattress support with deep storage units.
• Divan beds This bedstead is made from a matching mattress and a divan base. Usually, the base is made with sturdy wood furniture surrounded by fabric and paired with a mattress, great bed frame for heavy people as they are very strong. It is then placed on wheels so that you can move it around quickly. Divan beds can also have storage drawers and headboards.
All these work together to make sure you have a comfortable night’s sleep. So, if you’re looking for a bed and mattress combo, then divan beds can fit the bill.
Types of materials
Bed frames are made with different types of materials, including wood, leather, and metal. If your primary focus is on durability, then you can opt for metal bedsteads, which are as tough as it can get. They are known to be quite sturdy, and you don’t have to worry about the possibilities of your metal bed frames breaking. All you have to do is treat it right, and the bed frames will last for several years. Your choice of bedstead will depend on the type of look you want to achieve.
Wood frames usually add a warm ambiance to a room. Wood materials used for bedstead include maple, walnut, pine, mahogany, and oak. If your target is more of luxury, then metal bed frames would be suitable as they give off a more relaxed theme. Also, you can opt for leather bed frames for your bedroom. It can be either faux leather or genuine leather. Also, leather bed frames come in different colours, including brown, black, and beige.
However, these are only for platform and sleigh bed frames. Usually, they require a lot of maintenance to keep them in the perfect condition for a long time. The bottom line here is that all bed frames come with their advantages and disadvantages. Therefore, you need to understand the purpose it would serve to pick the one that is best for your apartment.
Choosing the correct size
To choose the correct size of bedsteads, you will have to take accurate measurements of your room. Leave at least 3 feet on the sides and end of your bed to allow for free movement. Then, find out the standard bed dimensions and compare this to the space left in your room. This will ensure that you don’t end up with a cramped space.
WHICH MATTRESS SUITS WHICH FRAME?
Different mattresses are best for beds of various types. Bed frame sizes are available for super king, euro, king, double, small double, single, and small single beds. When shopping for your bed frame, you have to check the dimensions to see if they fit with your mattress size.
Is a wooden frame better than a metal bed frame
Wood is sturdy, and when used for bed frames, they have less likelihood of falling apart. If you cherish a quiet environment, then a wood bed frame is better as it produces less noise. There is a higher possibility of a metal bed frame creaking at some point in time.
WHICH BED FRAME FOR MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS?
When it comes to choosing a bed frame for memory foam mattress, you need to look out for ventilation and sturdiness. The perfect choice would be those that can hold the mattress without falling apart after a while. Bed frames that fall under the suitable category including Divan bases, Ottoman and solid bed frames.
CAN A BED FRAME CAUSE MATTRESS TO SAG
Yes a bed frame can cause your mattress to sag. A bed frame is meant to support your mattress, whether it is a super king, upholstered bed, or king-size bed. However, when it can’t hold the weight of the mattress fully, it can cause the mattress to sag. Your bed serves as the focal point of your room.
At least, it is in mine. Therefore, picking the best beds is essential. Even more important are the bed frames as they could brighten up your room with cool colors. With this buying guide, you can go out there and make sure that you only buy the right furniture for your home